Wednesday, October 29, 2008

If Only...

So I was sitting in McDonald's tonight eating dinner. Yes, I was doing well on my diet and then I had to take a quick unplanned trip to Wichita. I did order a plain grilled chicken sandwich. Okay that isn't what this story is about. While I was sitting there I overhear this older couple arguing about what type of new phone to buy and what room in the house to put it in. It is very obvious that the woman is very stressed and passionate about this topic. She is berating him for even considering this one phone that is so light it felt like trash. "They need a nice looking phone for their kitchen and that would not be silver or black." Seriously, what was he thinking. Then she was saying they need a permanent phone in the bed room for those times they take the cordless one out between the chairs. I couldn't really hear him (not so passionate I guess) but I'm guessing he mentioned that they didn't even need another phone or one in a certain room. She responded with the fact of how many times does she holler at him "Tim is on the phone and he needs to pick up the other line, where does he always go to pick up the phone" This shows you the age of the couple cause my grandparents are the only people that both get on the phone at once when they talk to someone. The she mentions that if they buy one at Wal-Mart and then get it home and decide they don't like it they can return it. Cause if they have their receipt Wal-Mart is required to take everything back. I'm sitting there thinking "If only this was the major stress of my life"

So I hope that your life isn't too stressful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before you even mentioned Grandma and Grandpa I started think of them. That so sounds like a passionate conversation they would have. I am sorry your life is so stressful I wish I could help. I feel like I add more to it than take away. Even though I know it is not at all about me. Love Big Sis

Anonymous said...

Sounds like that poor couple needs to get a life !!!
Sara, do not talk like that. We ALL love taking care of you and Troy and would do it any time anywhere.
Love
Aunt Martha