Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Heat is a great invention

So it seems in central Kansas winter is approaching quickly. So once again I'm thinking of happy things today. I hope you are able to keep warm and enjoy the changing seasons. Here is what is making me happy today:
  • I have a king size bed to sleep in tonight and I did last night also. Even when it is just me it is fun to have a huge bed to move around in at night. I also have room for all the pillows I like to have in bed with me. Which now that I think about it doesn't make sense since I want a big bed to move around in at night. Oh, well it is my happy thought.
  • Since I'm in a hotel I have turned on the heat. I have been too cheap to turn it on at home yet. So, not only do I get to sleep in a big bed tonight, but I won't be freezing. Chloe is probably about ready to disown me with a cold house and me never being home.
  • The Lion King is tomorrow night. Really enough said with that statement. However to make it better there is dinner at PF Chang's with good friends.
  • The cleaning mice (my sister) came and cleaned this past weekend. I also did some picking up of my own. Looking forward to coming home to a clean house tomorrow.
  • I'm still having success with the chiropractor (no I'm not just say that cause I know you read this Mike) I was glad to be able to go back today. Not sure what I enjoy more; the fact that I'm getting better or seeing a friend here in Wichita. I think it is a combination of both.
  • I get to spend time with Leslie on Friday and go to a fun concert. Also realized that 3 months from today I will be on cruise ship with Leslie and possibly a fruity beverage.

I guess there is a lot to be happy about today in my life. Yeah!!

3 comments:

tiff said...

King beds, clean house, concerts and cruises! Sounds like a great time to me!! I am also glad that Doc Claassen is helping you feel better.

Mary Margaret said...

Sounds like the good life- I am also looking forward to tomorrow night= I hope the kids are not too hyper on Friday as I might be a little tired- see you tomorrow- Love Mom

Anonymous said...

If you can't wait until the cruise for a fruity drink we I had an AWESOME drink in Hawaii called a "Chi Chi". Andrea

Here's the recipe
CHI CHI
1/2 oz. Vodka
4 oz. Pineapple Juice
1 Cherry
1 slice Pineapple
1 oz. Creme de Coconut
Mixing Instruction
Blend vodka, pineapple juice, and cream of coconut with one cup ice in an electric blender at a high speed. Pour into a wine glass, decorate with the slice of pineapple and the cherry, and serve.