Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Idiot at the front desk

I know I mentioned this in the random thoughts yesterday. However, this guy deserves and entire entry. So here is my interaction with him tonight. First, this is for you Martha, his name is Jymmie, yes his parents spelled his name a jacked up way. I came home (yes I just called the hotel my home) and came up to my room. The key would not work. I went back down to the desk and he is not even there. Then he came in from outside carrying in his dinner I guess, i don't know. I tell him my key doesn't work and I look at his shirt and he has some sort of crap on it. He fixes my key and I move on with my life. Then I have to go back out to my car to get my Diet Dr. Pepper. As I'm walking out he is talking on his bluetooth talking at the top of his lungs. Not sure who he was talking too, but it was so inappropriate. I came back to my room and once again the key would not work. Back downstairs I go. He again is MIA. I stand there making noise at the desk. He the reappears and is eating the dinner he brought in earlier. I tell him my key is not working again. He proceeds to tell me I must be doing something to demagnetize it. Um let me just say this, it was in my butt pocket all day and then sat on the table in the room, neither of which are magnetic. He decided he would make small talk and asked if I was going to watch the debates. I was like probably. He said he thought he needed to since it was the last one. I may be incorrect, but I think there are two more. The here is the straw that broke it all, he says, who do you plan to vote for? Not that I'm ashamed of my political views, but I don't even discuss this with some people I like let alone crazy guys that work at the front desk of the Sleep Inn next to Wild West World. Okay that is my venting of the night. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK Laura, I must admit Jymiee is just about as bad as Traisen, Stockton, Brooklynne and a few of the others I have. Sounds like he is few bricks short of a load. Doesn't it make you crazy.
Love ya
Aunt Martha