Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Will it ever settle down?

So here I am sitting on my couch, watching K-State Football, and enjoying the fall weather. I am glad to be at home considering the circumstances. No news to anyone out there that the weather around the country has been kinda out of whack. When the weather is bad we get killed at work. Hurricane season is one of our least favorite. We are going to be working claims from Ike for many months. We already have signed up for shifts to go to Texas to work claims all the way through Dec 2. To make it more fun, here at home (Kansas and Missouri) we got pounded with rain last week which hasn't helped our claim volume. We are basically treading water (literally). I have signed up to go to Texas one of the later shifts so I can be here for a close friends wedding and to see The Lion King.

As far as my life outside of work, I'm not really sure what that is these days. We did find out last week that my older sister is going to have a girl in February. They have decided to name her McKenna Marie. I have been also spending time with some good friends playing games at least once or twice a week. It has been so much fun and a great break from reality. We do this for a few hours and laugh a lot and enjoy each others company.

I finally went to the grocery store today to buy some food since I know I'm going to be here for a bit (knock on wood). It felt so nice to eat a home cooked meal. I didn't realize how much I was missing that until after I was done eating. I already have my meals planned for the next week. Yeah!!!

This past Saturday I went to get a manicure and pedicure with a good friend. I have started to over come my fear of pedicures. Yes, I don't typically like to have them done as I know my feet aren't in the best shape. I have a fear they are going to make fun of my feet. However, I'm learning that this could be a luxury I could get used to. I have decided to cut some costs in other places in my life to possibly enjoy some luxuries in life.

Chloe is back living at home with me. She was up visiting mom and dad while I was traveling. It makes it so nice to know she will be here to greet me when I get home at night from a long day. I don't know that having the windows open is great for her as she has been sneezing all night.

That is all the excitement (or not so much) in my life for now.

6 comments:

tiff said...

Yay, you're at the top!! I'm so glad you get to be at home for a little while. I know Chloe will love having her mama around.

Laura said...

I was hoping I was at the top again. I noticed I was getting near the bottom. I just don't have much to write about.

Mary Margaret said...

Laura - We are also glad you get to stay home in familiar surroundings even if you do have to work long days. I know you are glad to have Chloe back but I think Marble misses her as she has been in my lap since she left. Take care. Love Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

So glad you are enjoying the luxuries in life. You really deserve it for all the hard work you do.

Laura said...

I always knew Marble could be a cuddler if she wanted.

Anonymous said...

Laura:
You deserve to treat yourself like a queen!!! You work hard and deserve it. Glad you will be around for awhile.
Love you
Aunt Martha