Saturday, July 19, 2008

Procrastination

As I sit here on my newly vacuumed living room floor I'm procrastinating finishing the cleaning that needs to be done in my house. Really I need to enter the room with the closed door. All of us have at least a closet that we just throw items in and then never enter as we aren't sure if we will come out alive. Well, my closet has grown into an entire room. The majority of the stuff in there is boxed and was put there over a year ago when I put my house on the market. It is obvious that I need a lot of the items in there on a regular basis. My goal is to get it all organized in the next couple of days as we are having a garage sale at church next weekend. Speaking of those of you in KC feel free to stop by Prairie Baptist Church (75th and Roe) on Saturday. They are going to have the sale inside so it will be a cool sale. Therefore, instead of entering the room I have decided to update the blog. I thought you all may appreciate this more.

To prepare for the move I have have also decided to get caught up on all my doctor appts as I don't want to have to find a new one right away. I went to the eye doctor today. apparently I have become even more blind and will be getting new glasses soon. This will give me a new look for my new start. I don't think I can cut my hair anymore. I mean I could, but I would not like it at all, I need to be able to pull it up in a pony tail.

To my Kearney Girls I'm so excited that in just a couple of days we planned a weekend for us to get together and a location. This may be a record. I know it will be sad that we all won't be able to be in the same place at the same time. I'm looking forward to seeing Tiffany a short time after I see the rest of the girls so I will fill her in or everything. We could set up a video camera like they do on Real World or Big Brother and have our own Reality TV only it won't be as scandalous and I'm going to guess no one will want to watch it except us.

I guess that is enough procrastination, at least in this form. I will see what else I may be able to find.

One more thing, not pertaining to me or anyone I know personally and possibly none of you care. Abby Wambach (the US Women's star soccer player) broke her leg this week in a game against Brazil. This puts her unavailable for the Olympics. This will make the games more exciting in a new way.

7 comments:

tiff said...

Good luck with that room! I sort of think that sort of thing is fun...I'm so excited to sort through my own place over the next month. I'm starting tonight! Great Saturday night activity. I don't have many friends...

Erika said...

the retreat planning was definitely a record...

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad Laura, I have bunches of boxes in my basement from 2 years ago when I moved here and they still are not undone. I just dig through them periodically to find what I need. My big thing right now is I bought a carpet shampooer, so I am cleaning all my carpets. Dumb thing to do wasn't it. Good luck on getting stuff done.
Aunt Martha

Anonymous said...

Laura,

Don't go too crazy on cleaning out the room, you might decide a place for it when you find your new place in Wichita. You will also be leaving for the beach in California soon and we don't want you to be too exhausted from cleaning. Love Mom

Michelle said...

Gotta love those secret rooms, huh? I prefer to make little piles of stuff all over the house...they're like little nuggets of joy :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You know I have that room to although I have more than one(3 to be exact) thy are suppose to be the basement, the guest room and the garage. Anyway, good luck and if I was there I would help. Organizing other people is much more fun than doing it for yourself. Love Sis