Friday, July 25, 2008

A Night for Laura

I am still convincing myself that it is Friday. I'm not really sure why I don't believe it, but I don't. I came to Manhattan today for work as they needed someone to come here to handle 3 claims. Seems like a long drive for just a days work, but I was willing to come to one of my fave places in Kansas.

As I was leaving my first claim this morning my customer wanted to give me a hug. As many of you know I'm not really the hugging type and this was some lady who I had known for all of 45 minutes and I will probably never see or speak with her again. I had a mini freak out moment. I gave her a half hug as she came in for the full hug. Can we say personal space, mine is rather large.

Then I had some time before my last two inspections so I got some time to go and see Erika and family. It was so good to see you for even a short time. Thanks again for sharing your electricity with me. (I may have forgotten to put the safety covers back in the outlets, this is the sign of Laura not having children).

I got to my last 2 claims and the roofs were very steep and high. I was so exhausted and hot that I decided on a whim that I was going to find a hotel and just have a night for me away from home. So I'm having a night for myself. I went to Dillon's and got some Chinese, ice cream, coke and a People Magazine. All the things necessary for a night to relax. I got back to the hotel and ate dinner.

After dinner I thought I should go swimming early (I had brought my suit just in case I decided to stay in a hotel) to avoid lots of folks. So I went down and I got the entire pool and spa to myself. It was so relaxing. Now it is not even 7:00 and I'm in my PJ's relaxing in the hotel. Who knows I may go to sleep before 9. Pretty sad for a Friday night and I'm really excited about it.

I have been thinking I need to change the title of the blog. It is kinda boring. So we will see what I come up with, if anything.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura:
you think just like your Aunt Martha. That sounds like an ideal evening to me. It also sounds like most of my evening. I love my peace and quiet. Most of the time that is.
Love you
Aunt Martha

tiff said...

I hope it was relaxing for you. Ryan is in Manhattan today! He is visiting his new niece, Miss Hannah. I haven't been to Manhattan in so long! I probably wouldn't recognize the place.

Erika said...

Fun to see you! Your blog title should definitely have the word Looney in it.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the word looney in your title. Glad you had a good night-Love Sis

Mendy said...

i cast my vote for looney-something or something-looney, too!

tiff said...

"L.O. on the Go", "Hoppin' Halo", "Wake Me Up Before You LO-LO", "OBER and OBER again", OBER to You"...hmmm I might be all out of really bad ideas...:)

tiff said...

Oh! I just saw that you already changed it. I like it!

Anonymous said...

love the new title-Sis

Michelle said...

My thought was "Skip to the Loon" but I thing "The Looney Bin" is perfect. What you'll especially love is that there is a "Looney Bin" comedy club in Wichita. I think it's a sign that you're supposed to live here :)