Saturday, March 27, 2010

Random Thoughts from my Saturday - For you Entertainment

Well, once again I went out shopping this Saturday morning. Here are some of the people and things I encountered for your enjoyment.
  • I was at Kohl's and they were having "early bird" specials that were ending at 1 o'clock. So these two women, who based on their carts had been there since they opened at 6 AM. Were freaking out cause it was now 1 and they weren't done shopping. They were cutting in line to ask the cashiers if the sales stay in the computers after 1. I'm like seriously if you really needed the sales that you were wanting you should have gotten in line a long time ago.
  • I then went to Hallmark. As you all know most Hallmark stores are small and you can hear anything anyone is doing or saying across the store. Well, for Easter they have the rabbit stuffed animals that sing or talk or laugh or something totally obnoxious. Some wonderful Johnson County mother brought her elementary school age boys into the store. these rabbits are right when you walk in the door just asking to be played with by the kids. So the mom starts shopping and then kids begin and continue playing with the rabbits. I was about to hurt the kids. Then the mother begins to scream at the kids across the store to stop. I had to quit shopping and leave before there was an altercation with me and the kids.
  • Then I meander over to Target. The place was so busy there wasn't a cart to be had. I didn't really need anything, but was looking for some possible bday gifts. So I was wandering around and just got some great people watching done. My fave was when this little girl was skipping down the aisle and asked her dad why he wasn't walking like her. He was not amused and just said he wouldn't do it.
  • Oh my, I almost forgot the most entertaining part of my day. I went to Taco Bell for lunch. I go in to order and was standing there about a minute and finally this girl comes out from the office and asks if I have been helped. I tell her no and she takes my order. Then when I order the enchirito she tells me they are out of red sauce. I'm like, you are Taco Bell and red sauce goes on everything, how are you out of the stuff? She then tells me that is why she is in the back room trying to get another store to give some to her, but they are all selfish with their red sauce. Who knew it was such a hot commodity? So then after I change my order and I'm waiting for my food I see this random guy just having some really random conversation with a couple of women. I then notice after they all get their food the random guy sits next to another random woman and her teenage son and continues to talk their ear off while they are all eating. Needless to say, I find a table as far away from them as possible so the random guy won't decide to talk to me. While I'm eating I hear a guy come in and start asking about a certain burrito and the chic that was trying to find the red sauce is trying to explain to him how amazing this burrito is and what a great deal it is.

Well I hope that entertained you all for the day. I'm now getting ready to head to a greek restaurant for dinner for a friends bday. Always fun to go there, stuff your face and see the skinny belly dancers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love these so much!! and you know you would have totally skipped down the aisle at Target if one of my children asked you too!! Love It!