Sunday, March 14, 2010

About time for updates

Well I though it I should finally update you all on my life. I really don't have a lot to complain about. I got a promotion at work. I will start supervising effective April 1. This is the same position I held prior to going to the field to climb on roofs. I'm really excited to start superivising again. I really love being in this position and helping those on my team develop to bigger and better things.

It has been some time since I have seen many of you. Since October I have decided to get serious about my health. I have lost 25 lbs since then. I still have a long way to go, but I'm seeing progress.

I'm looking forward to some travels and weddings coming up this spring and summer. I'm going to take a weekend vaca in Wichita with the Classen's for Mike's wedding. I haven't been back in Wichita since I was traveling there all the time for work. I'm looking forward to the time with the Classen's and excited for Mike and Liz.

In July my close friend Leslie is getting married. I'm so happy for her and Michael also. They will be getting married here in KC.

Then right after that my mom and I will be traveling to Naples, FL for a long weekend of rest and relaxation. This is my Christmas and Bday present to her. I'm hoping to see some family friends while we are there that we haven't seen since I was a Freshman in high school.

This weekend has been a fun weekend spending time with many friends. My friend Katie has been in town the past couple of weekends from Goodland, KS. I love spending time with her, she helps keep me focused and understands a lot of what I struggle with in life.

Today I'm excited to have lunch with some of my former roommates from after college. We don't see each other enough and really need to cactch up. There is a lot of change in each of our lives.

I will be walking in the March of Dimes walk on May 1. For those of you that don't know March of Dimes raises money for premature babies and research. This cause is very close to my heart as both Troy and McKenna were premature and in the NICU when they were born. I'm trying to raise $400. If you would like to donate, any small amount would be appreciated, you can click on the box on the right of my blog.

I have also been spending time with an old friend from high school. (this friend happens to be a boy). Not too many details for you all now, just a teaser. We are really enjoying each others company and have fun together. I excited about the potential of the relationship. I will update more as it develops or undevelops.

How about ending on that note. Sorry to do that to all of you. You can beg all you want, but that is all you are getting for now.

I love and miss all of you that I don't see often.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I will not beg...I will just wait patiently for more info the weekend of Mike's wedding. :) Thanks for the update!! I'm also ready for your next installment of "random thoughts"!

Laura said...

Yes you are right I need some random thoughts. I try to get an installment this week.

Anonymous said...

I know better than to beg!! I do however need to get my butt in gear cuz you are totally beating me on donations. We miss you too can't wait for Easter!!

Marthann's Musings said...

So proud of you losing 25lbs. that is AWESOME> Keep it up girl.
What family friends do you have in Naples Florida??? I didn't know you are were going to do that. Be careful there all the old people are terrible scary drivers. !!!