Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Random Thoughts for your Holiday Enjoyment

So I went out to run a few errands today and saw some random things so I thought I should share them with you. Believe it or not I took notes so I wouldn't forget. So here is what I got for you:
  • Why is it impossible to sleep in when you are on vacation, but any day I have to work I can't roll my butt out of bed early enough?
  • Thinks it is nice that I was out today (two days before Christmas) shopping and only wearing a sweatshirt and was not cold. Makes me happy to not have wear a bulky coat when going in and out of stores.
  • I was driving through the Wal-Mart parking lot and saw a guy that was collecting all the carts that was approximately 55 years old wearing a bright pink scarf on his head with an even brighter pink cowgirl hat. There may have been fur and rhinestones on the hat as well.
  • Why is it that when your feet are cold if you just change your socks they get warmer. Were the socks cold? Maybe no one else does this.
  • Why would you ever buy a jar of pickled watermelon rind?
  • Not sure if your grocery store has pre-made cheese balls, but my Hy-Vee does. Typically I like to buy one every once in awhile for a party. Well I recently was a the store and saw they have made the cheese balls, but put food coloring in them and made them into the shape of Santa, a tree and the best was the wreath. The wreath was decorated with candy corn (I assume left over from Halloween).
  • In the frozen food section I saw and tube of frozen creamed corn. Like you know how you buy frozen sausage. Just found that a little odd.
  • So I have been making banana bread as I mentioned in my previous post. I have been defrosting the bananas in my microwave. Well today I warmed up left over pizza and it tasted like bananas. Not sure if that was from the microwave or the fact that the bananas have been in the freezer and the smell made it to the refrigerator and into the pizza box.

That's all I have for now. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

Hopewell said...

You're much braver than me to be out in only a sweatshirt. I would have had to cover my legs a little bit. :P

Laura said...

You are so funny Drea. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

TheKirk said...

i read your random thoughts out loud to kirk and he's laughing and clapping simultaneously... good post. makes me want to go shopping with you so we can just point and laugh at all the silliness. speaking of older men wearing pink scarves and hats with rhinestones... there's this guy who is kind of a staple of downtown lawrence... he regularly wears cutoff overalls, carries a purse, and walks around with a stroller with a giant doll in it. only in lawrence.

TheKirk said...

oh by the way, "the Kirk" is actually the mendy...oops