Friday, November 6, 2009

What happens when you work too much?

These past few weeks I have been working over 50 hours a week including Saturdays. So here I am at 9:40 pm on Friday night really excited to just be home tomorrow. I really need to clean house, get caught up on my DVR and just take some me time. So instead of random thoughts I thought I would post about what happens when you work too much. So here goes nothing...

  • You don't update your blog for over a month.
  • You fall to the bottom of Tiff's Blog Roll.
  • You have to decide what you really want to watch on the DVR cause all your shows stack up and you have to delete something before you have time to watch the shows.
  • I have found myself staying up later than normal cause it takes time for me to wind down after I get home.
  • Chloe is about to find a new mom. I don't spend time cuddling with her and cleaning the litter box is not a top priority.
  • I forgot to eat dinner last night cause I was so focused on cooking chili for work today that I forgot to eat.
  • I have to call someone on my drive home. Even though it is a short drive home I need something to keep me focused so I don't fall asleep on the way home.
  • I have realized how important it is to get ready in the morning as fast a possible so I can lay in bed longer.
  • The OT pay will be nice, but not sure what to do with it since I'm working so much.
  • My patience is much thinner at work. So I sit at my desk with my Ipod in one ear and my phone headset on the other ear. I do this even when I'm not on the phone to block out all the sound around me.

Well I had a lot more things I was going to say, but I don't remember them. I'm exhausted and think I'm going to sleep.

So now that I'm awake and refreshed thought I would add more to my blog.

  • I have not been in touch with friends and family like I normally am since I'm so out of it.
  • I owe some of my good friends emails I will try and get to that today.
  • I miss my normal schedule for the weekends of grocery shopping, relaxing and spending time with friends.
  • I have not been able to focus on commitments I have made away from work such as some project at church.

Now I guess I should mention what is good about working so much:

  • OT pay right before Christmas.
  • Developing relationships with friends at work. I used to spend 8 hours a day with them but now it is more like 10 or 11.
  • I haven't had as much lazy time at home to just sit on my rump and eat.
  • I have been able to focus on my new lifestyle change and been successful at making a healthier life for myself.

Well, I now have my whole Saturday ahead of me. So we will see what happens.

1 comment:

Mary Margaret said...

Laura You are always at the top of my list. I know this work schedule is hard, but I know you do love not climbing on roofs especially as it gets colder. I hope you did have a realxing day. Had some friends over last night and they loved yhe swing and making s'mores with the firepit. Take care