Sunday, November 15, 2009

Great Weekend

I had one of the best weekends I have had in quite sometime (I guess since KG weekend). I left work on Friday before the sun set. I can not tell you the last time I did that. I headed straight to Lawrence to hang with Tiffany. It was so good to spend time just relaxing, eating good food, watching a good movie and being with a great friend.

Saturday I went with the PEO ladies to the WWI Museum in KC at the Liberty Memorial. I know I have lived in KC my entire life, but I don't think I have ever actually been up to the Liberty Memorial. There is a lot to see in the museum pretty good history lesson. I then came home and started cleaning. When I say cleaning I mean true top to bottom cleaning of my house. I took 2 large trash bags from my upstairs alone. I scrubbed the bathtub. Organized my room and a little of the loft. Then I started on the living room. More trash was purged in the living room and cleaning. Then I crashed for the night.

Sunday I went to church and worship was great. I love my church and church family. I am so blessed to have them. Then back home to tackle the kitchen. I left the kitchen for a day to itself as I knew I had a ton of purging to complete there. I am embarrassed to admit that I have 3 trash bags of old, expired food that I'm throwing away. I reorganized my cupboards, including my tupperware. I had a lot of old mail that needed to be shredded. Did a little clean up in the laundry area. Then swept and mopped the kitchen floor.

It feels so great to be starting the week fresh and clean. Not sure how I let the place get in such disarray, but to have it back to a fresh start is so relieving. I really needed to do this as I'm trying to get so much of life back in order. I have heard more than one person say that your house is a reflection of your life. Well, my life was feeling really scattered and my house got that way too.

Looking forward to a week that I may not have to work a lot of OT as I have training for 3 days. I'm having some girlfriends over on Friday night for a little party. If you are in the area and want to come feel free. I am having a Tastefully Simple Consultant here, they sell food stuff. Yummy stuff. There will be beverages and food samples.

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does feel good!! As you know we did the same but did not get quit as far since in the process we were managing two beautiful children :). Glad to hear you got so much done. Love Ya

tiff said...

Wow!! What a productive weekend!! I'm so impresssed. And I love your blog decor. I think my blog did give up on you. Why didn't it move you to the top? That's weird. See you Friday since my baby is determined to have a December birthday.