Monday, September 28, 2009

Random Thoughts

Well time for some random thoughts. I haven't even been thinking of any to put on here so this could be the most random list I have ever posted. Read at your own risk.
  • I love reading others blogs, but feel my life is so boring I have nothing to blog about. Hence the reason I don't update often.
  • I hate it when I start laundry and then forget it is in the washer until I go and start another load. Then I have to rewash the load that is in the washer as I don't know how long it has been in there and it smells like mildew.
  • Sometimes during the day when I'm sitting at my desk at work someone will walk by and the entire floor will vibrate underneath me. I get the same feeling I get when I'm sitting in my car on a bridge. I don't have a lot of major fears in life, but thinking the floor is going to collapse around me is one. I wonder if they will let me move my desk to the first floor?
  • I ate a caramel apple today for the first time in years. I mean I have bought that caramel dip at the grocery store, but this was a real caramel apple. It was a party gift from the wedding I went to this weekend and it was on a stick with nuts. So yummy.
  • I went to pull my trash can back up the drive way last week and somehow the rod holding the wheels was at a 90 degree angle. I am at a loss as to how this happened. I'm also wondering how do you get the trash guys to actually take the trash can? Do I have to put a sign on it like I do at work that says "Trash/Basura?"
  • I got to "met" Richard Blais from Top Chef last week. Don't be jealous.
  • So Halloween is not my fave holiday and this year I have a charity event that night. They tell me it is a Masquerade Ball. Does that mean I wear a nice dress with a little mask or a true costume. Really the person hosting it is my very good friend so I will ask her before the event.
  • So I had this wedding to go to this weekend and I actually decided what to wear based on the shoes I wanted to wear. The wedding was at 1 and the reception at 6 so I knew they had to be comfortable.
  • I'm loving that I have had my windows open so long that I don't remember how long it has been. I was even chilly when I went outside for lunch today.
  • It makes me happy when you call a call center and actually get ahold of someone that is helpful and does what you need them to do and owns everything that you may have problems with.

That's all I got for now. Hope you enjoyed.

6 comments:

tiff said...

Your life is not boring. You are the most active, social person I know...you go to shows, game nights, family fun, not to mention you work full time and basically work for the church as well! Maybe you should blog about all the secrets of PEO. There's an idea. ;)

Anonymous said...

You are not boring!! Me on the otherhand well, I am boring. It's my kids that are exciting. I am sure there is an inside joke there some where but, Tiff cracks me up with the PEO Secrets!! We Will NEVER tell Tiff!!

Laura said...

Tiff maybe we should find a PEO chapter for your to join and learn all the secrets. I have a friend that I think goes to one in Lawrence.

Erika said...

Okay, what is this PEO all about? Loon, you better get ready to share about it at KGR time!

Laura said...

Sadly there isn't much exciting about PEO. It is an organization that supports the education of women and other community events. We meet monthly and there is secret stuff in it like a sorority. Tiffany has always wanted to know what it stood for, but if I tell you I will have to kill you. Okay not really, but it is a secret.

Mendy said...

AAARRGHH!! The PEO!!!! Will wonders never cease!!I secretly think there is no PEO and it's a secret acronym that all the crazy women in Laura's family made up! It probably means "practice eating onions" or "prestigiously exclusive organization" or something.

i think we should eat caramel apple dip this weekend.