Monday, August 11, 2008

I LOVE THE OLYMPICS!!

I have been looking forward to the Olympics all summer. And this year they are not failing to impress. I'm sitting here watching the medal ceremony for Michael Phelps 3rd gold medal of the games. (I'm sorry if that was a spoiler for you Tiffany I understand they are showing the evening footage on tape delay for you all on the west coast). I think it is so touching that even after he wins by such a large margin he is so touched. I have been enjoying beach volleyball, which has not been a favorite in the past.

I'm excited to get home to my DVR when I can rewind and watch the amazing parts over and over again. I can also yell as loud as I want at the TV and know the only one that will think I'm crazy is Chloe.

I'm nervous for the gymnastics. I'm just not sure how it is all going to come out. I have confidence if both teams do their best we can have silver.

I have been waking up in the wee hours in the morning to support the Women's Soccer team. Luckily the mornings I have to work they play at 6:30. This past Saturday it was at 4:00 am. That was early, but worth the time. I then went back to sleep and slept until 10:30, I don't know the last time I slept in that late.

I think that is all my excitement for now.

9 comments:

tiff said...

I should hold off reading your blog by a day so I don't read something before I watch it. You always get to see all the good stuff before I do. :) Silly time zones.

Laura said...

I will start writing Spoiler in the headline if I'm writing about something that happened that night.

Dr. Mike said...

I'm getting on the Phelps bandwagon this Olympics. I remember the hoopla about him last time but I didn't pay much attention. The more I see about him he seems like a solid guy and just a machine in the water! Very interested to see how far he goes. Mens gymnastics was great, can't wait to see how the women do tonight. I remember being in love with the entire womens team back in '96, these girls are supposed to be almost as good.

Laura said...

I didn't know you were such a fan of the olympics mike. Who knew? I have been staying up late and waking up early to watch them. I'm going to need to take a nap when they are over to recover.

Erika said...

I'm loving them too, which is so weird!! I feel like nobody cared about the Olympics in recent years...but this year, everyone loves them. I loved the gymnastics last night!

Unknown said...

the two relay events that phelps has participated in for gold...amazing. the first, with lezak coming from behind on bernard to win was one of the greatest olympic moments ever. then, the second relay, when they won by 5 seconds!

when and what station is the next women's soccer game on? i have missed every game so far...having trouble finding games on all the various nbc stations.

Mendy said...

ok that last comment...not dale, it's me. my brother never signs himself out when he uses my computer!! argh.

Laura said...

The women play at on MSNBC or USA at 630 am or earlier. I think the game tomorrow is at 630 on USA.

tiff said...

I was like, "Who's Dale" and then saw it was Mendy...made me laugh. Loved it when we beat the French team, mostly cuz of their punk comment. Phelps is a MA-CHINE! I love Walsh and May, kickin' butt and takin' names in beach v-ball. I didn't see anything tonight, but I recorded it! Did anyone catch those crazy chinese divers? They even looked exactly alike. They were good, but I think looking identical sends subliminal syncronization messages to the judges, potentially swaying the scores.