Sunday, April 1, 2012

New Beginnings

I find it very ironic that my last post was titled "Restart." Little did I know what I really meant by restarting my life. At that time I had no idea where I was going to be heading this year. For those of you that haven't heard the full story here is how it all came about. I am planning to move to Grand Rapids, MI. Last November I knew we were going to have our first training class in MI to to expand our dept. Before they were even asking for volunteers I offered to go up there to assist with the training class. Shortly after this an email went out that they were needing people to transfer to MI to help with the growth there. I gave it some consideration and talked to the manager up there. It was one of those things that just all seemed to fall in place. There is no pressure. If I wanted to go it was my decision and in my timeline. I had also gotten the schedule for those going to assist with training and found out I would be there for 3 weeks to assist. What a better way to figure out if I like the office and the area. I talked to my family and some friends and had so much support. I was really excited about the opportunity. You all know me and know that change is not my favorite thing, but I just couldn't stop thinking how great it would be to just have a chance to "restart." I knew I already had some friends in MI that had moved there, so it wasn't like I was going to be moving and be alone. So my 3 weeks spent there I went with the mind frame of I'm planning to move unless there is something that just really tells me "no."

I'm realizing I'm just typing and not going in all the right order, I hope it doesn't get too confusing. So before I left for MI my family and I spent time getting my house ready to sell. Part of the deal of me moving with the company is they will provide everything to move me except selling my house. Which is fine as I will end up better in the end if i just sell it myself. So my house went on the market the first Monday I was in MI (Feb 26). We have reduced the price once, but I'm okay with that. I have been having the lookers I would like, we just need the one.

While I was in GR I just really loved the area. It reminded me of home. Everything you could want. Everything is close. We went to Lake Michigan one Saturday. It is only 30-45 min from GR. I see a Kearney Reunion on the Lake in our future. I really like the atmosphere of the office and the manager still was very understanding of how big of a move it is to come from KC and leave my family. He said still there is no pressure and in my time. I explained I'm ready to come just waiting for my house to sell. He even said if I changed my mind no hard feelings. I just keep remembering what a great place I'm in and how I couldn't have planned this better myself.

What has made this all easier is how supportive everyone has been. Yes, it is bittersweet. I have been having some of the best times recently with my family and friends, but I know they will still happen when I come visit. I also am excited to make new connections in GR.

So that is the story in nutshell. Thank you to everyone to being supportive and praying for me.
I do know that when I get an offer on my house everything is going to go very quickly. As when the offer is in I will make the call and all the relocation craziness will happen in swift movement. I'm assuming it will all be done in a month and half after we get the offer. So that will be a crazy time for me. As for right now, I hurry up and wait.

Love you all.

No comments: