Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Few of my Favorite Things

Tonight I thought I would write about a few of my favorite things. Kinda a combination of the random thoughts and what makes me happy today.
  • Watching football in my PJ's under a warm blanket on a cool night (exactly what I'm doing now)
  • Chloe greeting me at the door when I come home (nice to know I have been missed)
  • Breakfast on Saturday mornings at Hy-Vee. I go by myself and I just love it. I look through the add and listen to all the old men have deep discussions over coffee.
  • McRib at McDonald's. I understand there is possibly nothing natural in the McRib, however I just love it when it is available. I had one for dinner tonight.
  • A great deal at Kohl's. Really I love a great deal anywhere however I pretty much only shop at Kohl's so those are the deals I notice. Today I had a 30% off coupon on top of the Early Bird Specials.
  • Going to a good movie with an even better friend. I went to see Fireproof today with Leslie. Good movie and great company.
  • Opening and listening to a new CD. I really love buying a new Christmas CD every year. I typically hold off until Thanksgiving as I don't typically listen to it prior to Thanksgiving. However, today I purchased Sara Groves Christmas CD. She is one of my favorite singers and now a Christmas one, very exciting.

So after I read back through I realize I did most of those things today. Hence, good day.

4 comments:

Mendy said...

kirk is also obsessed with christmas music. he got a late start this year...today was the first day that the familiar sounds of bing crosby, et al. echoed in our house. we'll have to get that sara groves cd...she's one of my favorites too.

tiff said...

Love the new look! I love favorite things!

Anonymous said...

I like the new look too. I am glad you had a great day. Hope they continue. Love ya.

Mary Margaret said...

I like the new look - It is funny how many favorite things we have in common- beginning with Christmas music which is on the radio now - take care love ya Mom