Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring...

Story of my life overdue for an update and at the bottom of Tiff's list. (Tiff you are getting to the bottom of mine. ha ha)

So I have been thinking this week about why I love spring so much. I mean really it is just a change in weather, but why is it so wonderful. Here are my thoughts on the greatness of spring. I love watching things come to life again; the grass turns greener, the flowers bloom and trees bud. For me it is exciting cause I never remember what may grow in my garden as what survives the winter is always a nice surprise. I love the smell of cut grass and listening to others mow their grass. It makes me happy to turn off the heat and not have to turn on the AC yet. We are able to open the windows and listen to the birds and life outside. Chloe also loves the open windows. I love going to the store and getting fresh produce and even more fun to go to the farmers market when I have cash to see what bargains they may have that week. I am blessed to have a job that I don't sit at a desk all day dreaming of being outside. I get to go and enjoy the weather, even if that means just driving from claim to claim. The best days are when it is not too windy and I get to climb on a not so steep roof.

Along with that are a few things that aren't my favorite. As much as I love the smell of cut grass and others mowing I don't enjoy mowing myself or doing other yard work. As I mentioned before the wind is not a friend of mine. My friend Leslie calls this time Blow Season. I have to agree with her. There is no reason to get my hair right in the morning as it will be a mess right when I walk outside. Along with spring comes a list of to dos around the house. Not sure why spring this on, but it does. I guess along with the fresh start and such. This spring I need to get the exterior of my house painted. Any takers? I also have a dumb woodpecker in my neighborhood that enjoys doing his business on my metal chimney flue cap. This vibrates throughout the entire flue and so annoying. I guess this is better than him messing up my house.

I hope you all are enjoying spring along with me.

2 comments:

tiff said...

I promise a post is coming. Just needing to pass a kidney stone and feel better first. I have much to say...

Laura said...

Another kidney stone. I'm so sorry. I'm praying for it to pass quickly.