Friday, January 16, 2009

LIFE

So this week has been a bit out of the ordinary. I mean I have gone to work as normal every day. However things are changing there a bit. I found out this week that I will be going back to being and adjuster rather than an acting supervisor so I can focus on some tests I need to complete before I continue in the leadership program. There are a lot more reasons, but this is the easiest way to describe what is happening. After I complete the tests then we will discuss the next steps. So I know I told everyone I was moving, to be honest I have no idea what is going to happen with that. I may still be considered for the supervisor position in Wichita when everything pans out, but truly I have no idea. So for those in KC looks like you have to deal with me for quite a bit longer. To those in Wichita area sorry it doesn't appear I'm going to be spending as much time as I was there.

So on top of all this craziness my Grandma passed away early this morning. This was an expected passing, but nonetheless still a loss. We will miss her and her love for family. We are having the services on Wednesday in Liberty.

Then I will leave with my good friend Leslie on Wednesday evening for Miami. We will board a ship on Thursday and sail away. I am so in need of this time away from the office and reality. It will be good to refresh and rejuvenate a bit. The good thing about this type of vacation is that I we are totally disconnected from the outside world. There will be no cell phone (really my work one is the only one that drive me nuts), no computer, no TV (no fear I have the DVR set to record all the important shows), and it will be warm. We are going on the KLOVE Christian Music Cruise, we secretly think we will get to meet and hang out with some of the artists. I mean I have a connection to two of them (Matthew West went to KSU and Brandon Heath was/is roommates with a guy that I went to high school with) therefore we are practically best friends when you are trapped on a boat.

I hope you all have a great weekend and next week as I am separated from the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura:
Sorry to hear about all the mess up with Wichita and being a supervisor. Things don't always work out the way we think they will, I can guarantee you that. I just have to believe God knows what He is doing!!! It is the only thing that keeps me moving on sometimes.
Love you bunches
Aunt Martha

tiff said...

I hope you are having fun on your cruise. Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!! I hope it is super relaxing and rejuvenating for you.